Technology can be an effective tool in helping students to increase, maintain, or improve their ability to learn and demonstrate their learning. Various technology devices and software programs allow students to have textbook information read to them, to dictate orally into the device and have this information transformed into text, and use software tools for extensive organizing and editing assignments. What kinds of technology tools are available to assist children?
- Word processing
- Spell and grammar check
- Graphic organizers
- Spreadsheets and databases
- Publishing software such as graphics and multimedia tools
- Presentation software
- Tools for organizing information
- Web quests
- Speech-to-text and text-to-speech conversion
Based on student strengths and needs, the appropriate technology can provide students with much needed support to fully access the curriculum.
The Huron-Perth Catholic District School Board is pleased to announce we have purchased a Board license for Premier Assistive Software.
This is a powerful easy-to-use literacy tool which will:
- Meet the reading and writing needs for all of our junior, intermediate and senior students.
- Act as a Word Processor for all students.
- Provide text-to-speech capabilities on the web as well as with scanned or electronic documents.
- Provide word prediction; talking dictionary; talking calculator; and help students organize their note taking.
As an inclusive school board, we will be using this powerful, easy-to-use literacy tool in order to meet the reading and writing needs for all of our junior, intermediate and senior students.
Premier Assistive Technology Home - Video Tutorial