The Ontario Institute for Catholic Education brings together, works with, and assists organizations that share responsibility for English Catholic education in their efforts to promote and maintain publicly-funded Catholic schools animated by the Gospel and reflecting the tenets of the Catholic faith.
- To foster a common vision on issues and policies that promotes and protects Catholic education.
- To enhance collaboration among the partners in English Catholic educational community.
- To maintain effective liaison with our francophone partners in Catholic education as together we strive to maintain, foster and develop the special characteristics of Catholic education.
- To keep alive the historical contribution to Catholic education of religious communities of both men and women.
- To participate, when requested and with the agreement of all the partners, in discussions with the other churches or religious groups in Ontario regarding their views and positions on religious education.
- To arrange periodic gatherings of representatives from every sector of the Catholic education community for the purpose of exploring together contemporary issues in Catholic education.
For more information visit www.iceont.ca.